Welcome to Wool & Words!
The purpose of this blog is to share my immense love of all things bookish with you! I hope to feature a variety of book reviews, monthly-wrap-ups, and book lists/recommendations with you, as well as updates on my knitting projects (thus the wool in my blog name!)
I am quite active on Instagram and post book pictures, short captions, questions of the day, (and hopefully more book reviews!) on my feed.
The first genre I absolutely fell in love with was historical fiction, followed closely by classic literature. Recently, I’ve started broadening my reading horizons, and this has been delightfully rewarding! Fantasy has joined the ranks as my one of my top favourite genres, and I have a lot of catching up to do with all the wonderful fantasy books I’ve been missing over the years! I also read contemporary fiction, mainly contemporary fiction with a multicultural interest.
My Favourite Books:
My all time favourite of 2020, and probably one of my absolute favourite books is The Girl with the Louding Voice by Abi Daré! This book is phenomenal, and if you haven’t read it yet, I’d suggest checking it out!
My favourite historical fiction of all-time is Burial Rites by Hannah Kent, followed closely by The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.
- The Daevabad Trilogy (The City of Brass, The Kingdom of Copper, and The Empire of Gold) by S. A. Chakraborty is my current favourite! This series simply blew me away!
- Jane Eyre (and I think it always will be Jane Eyre!)
Honourable mentions are:
- Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- Tess of the D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
To see more examples of books I’ve read in each genre check out my Goodreads account.
What Genres I Read:
- Historical Fiction
- Fantasy (both Adult and Young Adult)
- Classic Literature
- Agatha Christie Mysteries
- Medical Nonfiction/memoirs
- Christian nonfiction
- Contemporary fiction
- Literary fiction
- Children’s/middle grade fiction
Some of my other interests include: creative writing, knitting, taking bookish photos for this blog and instagram, and drinking lots of coffee!
You can also follow me on:
Thanks so much for stopping by!