Top Ten Tuesday was created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish in 2010, and moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in 2018. I’m excited to participate this week with a list of my top ten favourite books! 2020 has been my best year reading-wise. I’ve read 57 books, and loved many of them!
- The Girl with the Louding Voice by Abi Daré: This book is my absolute favourite book of 2020, and one of my favourites of all time! I can’t stop raving about it, and probably won’t for a while, if ever! You can read my review of this wonderful book here.
- . The Beekeeper of Aleppo by Christy Lefteri: This book was one of my first books I read in 2020, and the first book this year that really moved me. I loved the evocative prose, and heartrendingly beautiful story. I’m eagerly awaiting her new 2021 release, Songbirds!
- The City of Brass by S. A. Chakraborty: All three books in this trilogy are amazing! One of my favourite series!
- The Kingdom of Copper by S.A. Chakraborty
- The Empire of Gold by S. A. Chakraborty
- Fable by Adrienne Young: My favourite 2020 book cover and also favourite YA read! I’m excited to read its sequel, Namesake in March 2021!
- Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim: The book that got me into fantasy! You can read my review of it here. I’m also very excited about Lim’s new book Six Crimson Cranes, which will be released in July, 2021!
- The Exiles by Christina Baker Kline: This is my favourite historical fiction book this year. I can’t wait for the tv series adaptation of it! I’ve also written a review here:
- Beartown by Fredrik Backman: My first Backman of the year, and one that blew me away, and caused a plethora of varying emotions to rise in me!
- Internal Medicine by Terrence Holt: My favourite non-fiction book of the year, and a wonderful medical memoir!
What are some of your favourite reads of 2020?